++Illumination++
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
++Illumination++

The Guild Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kickass Doctor Build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LunarHunter

LunarHunter

Kickass Doctor Build Empty
PostSubject: Kickass Doctor Build   Kickass Doctor Build EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi all, it’s being a while since my last post, but it is finally here! A Kickass Doctor Build! This is basically the build my IRL brother and also DOMO brother, Yuutaro, will use, and as for the guild’s newest member Yachi, I will point out some important facts for her as well, so let’s start! Pick your syringes up and get ready for some doctor training:

BUILD: There is nothing quiet important as a perfect doctor build, it all depends if you want to solo or want to team, but I wouldn’t recommend a soloist build for 2 reasons, first of all, docs suck at soloing and it is way too hard to train them, and two, docs are ALWAYS needed for teams, at any rat, these are the two most common builds:

Pure Wisdom: Most recommended build because healing is way superior here, you lose casting speed, but you won’t need it that much if a heal can heal your partners or yourself entirely.

2 Wisdom and 1 Agility: This one is the other useful build, use this one if you know you will be soloing a lot, otherwise don’t use it. This will cut your healing powers in half, but also will cut in half your cool down times, allowing you to use more spells in less time, but as I said, pure wisdom is much better.

So as for Yuutaro and Yachi, Yuutaro, you use Pure Wisdom, Yachi, if you will be soloing use 2 Wisdom and 1 Agility, but only if you know you will be soloing and having pets doing all the killing in your travels.

SKILLS: Now here is where everything is complicated, because docs need most of their skills, docs are after all, the heart of every team. So let me point the ones you DON’T need, instead of pointing out the obvious skills you need, again, these are the ones you DON’T need:

Health Heist and Heavy Health Heist: These two are a waste of skill points, they suck the life of your enemies to heal yourself or your teammates, but you won’t be needing it, “First Aid” and “Greater Healing” are your main healing tools, so these two are a total waste.

Detox and Purity: Detox isn’t that bad, but I would recommend you wait until poison disappear itself than wasting mp on using detox, still, it could be a great help when fighting annoying and strong enemies, specially when casking and Toxic Trunks are near, Purify is a total waste, little are the enemies you will face that will actually buff themselves, and even if they buff you may not notice it, so drop this one down, if you want, train detox, but not purify.

Frog’s Leg Soup and Fantastic Frog’s Leg Soup: Waste once again, why? They heal better than first aid, that as much is true, but it is a waste of the various frogs you need for “Frog Force Field” and “Yang Frog”.

Frog Force and Yin Frog: These are ok, but only if you are soloing, in teams you can’t waste your time buffing attack power of your teammates, you are there to keep them alive after all, but, whenever you are soloing these could be a nice help since doctors have lame attack power, still, it is up to you, not recommended by me anyway.

Soup of Self Preservation: This one is interesting, but almost a waste, why?, it’s simple, you don’t need it at all, with it you put your foe to sleep, but it has an annoying miss rate, but the problem is you need it because of the incredible magic that it unlocks after leveling it to lvl5, “Mega Medicine” this medicine is a most have, other than that, Soup of Self Preservation is useless, train it until you get “Mega Medicine” and then drop it.

SUB-SKILLS: This is the interesting part, as for Yuutaro, you follow this without questioning, and for Yachi, this is optional, everything up there was the build for a decent doc, what you have here is an extra.

What you need now is defense, for team or soloing alike, most of the time the doc dies before arriving to the team training destination, so as for defense you will have to train a Mercenary and get these skills:

Equip Shield: A doctor’s evasion will never come to be as good as the ones of a Thief or a Martial Artist, a shield provides an easy way to add much needed defense at the expenses of a minor evasion reduction. In order to get Equip Shield whoever, you will need to train a Mercenary until arriving at lvl30.

Equip Heavy Armor: Now that we are training a Mercenary why not get Equip Heavy armor as well? Heavy Armor will break fast, but only if you are soloing as a doctor, which won’t be happening that much, Heavy Armor is almost a most have, since with it a doctor will arrive to its destination easily, instead of dying half the way there, also, a doctor that can keep itself
protected from any harm, is a great addition to any team. Equip Heavy Armor is
possible when leveling your Mercenary to lvl33.

Equip Wand: A literal must have for any doctor who wishes to employ offensive spells through “Nature Magic” or “Scroll Casting”. Note that you can only have one of those to become a fighting doctor.

Seasonal Magic: Provides an excellent set of spells to compliment the doctor’s abilities.

Scrollcasting: The first choice for doctor’s who wish to deal damage. Though this requires obtaining scrolls and the Shaman’s Equip Wand skill, the ability to deal both single target and AOE damage as well as support party members make scrollcasting doctor a valuable asset. On the downside, as with a Wizard, scrollcasting can deplete MP very quickly.

Now, the build is complete, the skills and sub-skills too, and after a long while of training you finally have your superior doctor, but you still got a problematic, how to use it? Well it’s simple, here are some battle strategies:

Now, as you saw up there your doctor now has some sub-skills, and it should look like this,
^ is a sword and * is a shield.

^ Seasonal Magic.
^Scrollcasting.
*Shaman Skills.
*Mercenary Skills.

Now, notice you don’t have your commoners abilities anymore, which means you can’t do all the stuff commoners do, in order to use commoner’s abilities you would have to give up on a skill, but I doubt it necessary unless you really need to do some commoner job.

As for when to use it skill, Mercenaries’ Skills will always be active, so will Wizard’s Skills, make sure you have equipped your Syringe when in team to use full power of the healing abilities, and if you are ever soloing or doing AOE jobs in a team, remember you need to equip your staff and have some scrolls in hand, so basically you will always have to carry the following items:

- A Competent Staff.
- A Syringe.
- Frogs.
- Scrolls.

Where to find Frogs and Scrolls? Simple, almost every Zombie drops Scrolls, so does Wild Flying Pupus at eversun north and south, as for frogs, you may want to visit the well and farm some frogs by killing Tadpoles, just be sure of something important, whenever you go frog farming, make sure you don’t bring your mercenary’s armor, but common ropes, since the durability of your armor would drop incredibly fast.

Well that’s all there is to know about having a good doctor useful for both, soloing and team, a tank AOE, the doctor everyone whishes to be, I hope it was helpful, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Kickass Doctor Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
++Illumination++ :: Mission Help-
Jump to: