++Illumination++
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
++Illumination++

The Guild Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lunar's Perfect MA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LunarHunter

LunarHunter

Lunar's Perfect MA Empty
PostSubject: Lunar's Perfect MA   Lunar's Perfect MA EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

YAY, I feel like posting a lot latelly, maybe it is because I'm at work and I can't play DOMO here, at any rate, let's see what I have in store for you today (Reads Forum Title) Oh yeah! Well at DOMO many dislike Martial Artists, MA for short, buy why is that? I will tell you why, because they are jealous MA are owning them when dueling! Just kidding, the real reason is because now days all people use Blade Masters, Doctors, Mercenaries and Muses, concentratiing in teams and leveling up to be strong instead of enjoying the great feeling of soloing every now and then and still be a great adition to any team. So people, let me introduce you to the great world of the MA, let's start with the basics, shall we?

First of all, what makes MA so great? Well it is quiet simple, MA is one of the best (if not the best) soloing jobs, with great HP, attack that can rivalize Blade Master's one, second best evasion after hunters, good defence but low acuary T_T. But I will teach you how to ignore acuary and still be a kickass! As for teaming up they are great pullers if you know how to use your skills.

What is wrong with MA? People always think about MA as a lame job only useful for dueling, well, duel them and teach them a lesson! Just Kidding. Now days, if not always, people only look for team and exp, they no longer try to have fun and enjoy DOMO's storyline. As for soloing problems, magic users are a pain, but only sometimes, the main problem is the agro rate, I still don't know why but even the weakest monsters agro when they see a MA, weak ones are easy to deal, get worried when you are in Phoenix Tower and all the freaking MBOP start attacking you and you are forced to do a solo MBOP! Which you can survive but only barely.

What's best, Gloves or Staff? Well that is a hard question, MAs are good with both, but just which one is better? It all depends of the type of MA you are, defensive or ofensive, team or soloist, gloves or staff? Well here is your answer:

Gloves: Defensive Type, suited for teams as a puller.

Staff: Ofensive Type, great at soloing.

But hey, why following the rules? If you want to be a respected player you need to break the mold and forge your own? Or follow mine, lol, forget defence or offence, forget team or solo, why not have them all? If you follow my build this is what you will get:

LunarHunter's Build: Glove User, Ofensive and Defensive! Team and Soloing included! Dueling Machine! Monster Killing Machine! Average Acuary, Average Block Rate! Don't believe me, then let's check it out!

Build: As for the build this is extremely important, how so? If you don't train this build and pick another one, the perfect MA will be lost! So follow my advice, use this build: 2 Physic and 1 Agility per lvl. I know what you are thinking, you think pure Phys is better, well, it isn't! What good is there on having a lot of hp if you will be hit a lot?, agility will help you become a survivor, specially when thinking about the many monsters going aggro when they see a MA, forget about hp! You can survive more like this. But then, what's so different about all other MA? The skills you will used to become a war machine, and that is our next stop.

Skills: So now you have the build, now let's see what is useful:

Penetrating Blow: This will help you damage the enemy despite the defence, this one is a good skill specially when figthing against bosses, but it isn't extremely important, you can train it if you want to, but remember the low acuary, and since MA has little mp I would sugest you pick your skills more carefully.

Armlook: Good, but not that good, only useful if you are dueling since it's higher lvl contrapart, "Smash and Grab" has a success rate of 55%! Train it if you wish to be dueling material, as for the rest, it is useless.

Seismic Shudder: A must have! Since it is a decent AOE attack, but even greater is the fact that it is a good tool for pulling when in a team, it doesn't have the power to kill that much, but it does win attention, and that added to the fact of enemies aggroing whenever you are near them, makes you a perfect puller, sorry hunters, we need no bows nor those freaking arrows!

Tranquil Turtle: Another must have, since this will help you heal at the time you are attacking, surely a nice help considering first aid doesn't help that much while battling.

Knockout: This one is great if used against the right enemies, you knock the emeny and have the time to attack or run if needed, the problem of this is that if it is used against the wrong enemy, for example certain area bosses like Giant Bird of Paradice, it will knock you too! Forcing you to wait until your enemy wakes for you to resume your attack, this disavantage whoever, can be turned into an advantage by convining "Tranquil Turtle" and "Knockout", you will heal while your enemy and you sleep! "Jaw Breaker", Knockout's evolution, is way more awesome thought.

Meditation: Train it until you get Tranquil Turtle, healing doesn't work that good on MA because of their great HP, so even if you are traveling with a doctor and it keeps healing you, he is basically wasting MP, since only a good lvled doc will be able to do a difference, and even that difference is slim.

Endless River: Train this to get aditional recovery rate depending on your lvl.

SUB Skills: Your skills alone won't be enought, if you want to become a great MA you also need to train for two more jobs, Blade Master and Mercenary, this two will give you the tools you need to become a perfect MA. Dissapointed? Don't be, because all jobs need sub-skills, and these will serve you well for almost every job.

Sub-Skilling Blade Master: Now this is where it gets interesting, since MA has low Acuary, we must make sure it lands at least some hits, how do we do that? Easy:

Lash Out: This baby will increase your attack speed, so you will hit 3 times in a second, even if you have the lowest acuarry one out of 3 hits will surely land! What's the problem, it trades defence for attack speed, which could be a problem when soloing or figthing a boss, but we can fix that later with some other skills. By the way, agility helps a lot here, see why I told you to follow the build? Later on trade Lash out for "Sneak Attack"

Burning Rage: Now that we have to train a Blade Master, let's take advantage of it, why not taking Burning Rage too? With this your attack will go up at the cost of a little HP... you kidding me right? We have HP to spare! This skill is much welcomed! Further on trade it with "All Out Asault"

Focus: Now this one is useful, you still worried about acuary? Forget about it then, with focus you trade defence to increse your hit rate! That combined with "Lash Out" is great and deadly, but also... once again we sacrificed defence, now that is a problem, one that can be solved!

Sub Skilling Mercenary: This one has no difficult, you just need to train mercenary to lvl33, why? Because we only need one sub-skill, one that will solve all our defence problems.

Equip Heavy Armor: This is all we need, the defence to our lack of defence, equiping heavy armor will force you to lose some evation though, but it is good to find equilibrium between dafence, acuary, ofence and recover rates, this will create the perfect MA, you worried the armor will break faster than usual, don't be, MA also has low dur armor, so equipong clothing and heavy armor is much the same as for durability, if you want you can go for equip light armor instead, less defence but good durability.

As for the other Subskills, don't worry about them too much, it is up to you, I go Muse to help my pets if needed, but other than than you make the choice, Doctor could save you from danger and add aditional defence to the lack we left behind, but I would only trust in Regeneration if I where you, well, that's all, hope you liked my build, soon I will do a Doctor one so wait for it!
Back to top Go down

Lunar's Perfect MA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
++Illumination++ :: Mission Help-
Jump to: